Backyard Bores & Geotech Drilling Pty Ltd are your North Queensland Geotechnical & Environmental Drilling specialists.
We offer the following environmental drilling and geotechnical products:
- Contaminated soil/sand sampling (including asbestos) with equipment decon (Environmental Management Register and Contaminated Land Register listed sites)
- Drilling and installing piezometer monitoring wells up to 60m depth
- NDD, SPT (Standard Penetration Testing), DCP (Dynamic Cone Penetrometer), Geoprobe and push tubes, split spoon and auger sampling (AS1289, AS1726-2017, ASTM D3441 - ASTM D1586 - 08a)
- Specialist PFAS / PFOA (fire fighting foam) contaminated soil sampling and environmental drilling
- Test pumping of bores to Australian Standard AS2368–1990 Test Pumping of Water Wells from 2 hours to 28 days in duration. Includes creation of official documents for city council requirements of subdivisions (0.3L/s over 6 hour period with recovery)
- Simple water sample testing for salt, iron, pH, TDS.
- Comprehensive drinking water testing can be arranged (pesticides, heavy metals, trace elements, PFAS, PFOA etc)
- 150mm ID Hollow stem augers, 150mm and 80mm continuous flight augers available
- Well development using a combination of over pumping, surging or air lifting to protect the natural water sample
- Production well (steel and PVC) investigation and cleaning
- Deep earthing, drilling for installation of earthing rods at substations
- Downhole camera inspections and video reports
- Decommissioning bores & wells
- Water level logging long and short term
- Flow rate logging from 0.1L/s to 100L/s
Please Call Us now to see how we can help you fulfil your needs.
Backyard Bores & Geotech Drilling Pty Ltd have drilled hundreds of soil sampling and groundwater test holes and installed dozens of ground water monitoring wells in suspected PFAS / PFOA areas between Bowen and Rockhampton over the last few years.
We have a very strict PFAS drilling quality control process that we adhere to. This allows for the most accurate samples possible. Please contact us for more information.
We have drilled and installed 3 times* the number of monitoring wells around Mackay compared to any other drilling company still operating. Why? Because our team uses the right equipment with the right processes and the right methods for the right reason by utilising wisdom, judgment and discretion in the pursuit of your project’s goals. (*May 2019 Queensland Spatial Data extract)
Are you researching monitoring bores in the Mackay, Bowen, Proserpine, Sarina or Bowen Basin areas?
Try out our new Google MyMaps page that displays known and logged wells in the regions. There is a link in each well description to the full DNRM bore log and you DON'T have to use Qld Globe, at all, ever. :)
We use and recommend Solinst water level data loggers and depth meters.
Backyard Bores & Geotech Drilling Pty Ltd have successfully completed works for the following:
- Mackay Regional Council
- Isaac Regional Council
- Kleinfelder Environmental Consultants
- CatCon Engineering & Construction
- OWAD Environment
- Cardno Ullman and Nolan Geotechnic Services
- Environmental Management and Remediation Pty Ltd
- Ogilvie Civil & Mining
- Environmental Earth Sciences
- Coffey Geotechnics
- Douglas Partners
- EPIC Environmental
- North Queensland Airports Group (Mackay Airport)
- Caltex, Mobil, Puma, Origin Gas, Ergon
- Onesteel, Aurizon
- North Queensland Bulk Ports
- Sibelco Australia
- ATOM - Australian Terminal Operations Management
- CMW Geosciences
- BP Australia
- Rock n Road Bitumen
- Abbot Point Operations
We utilise products and services from the following businesses:
- EDM Supplies
- R&T Pumps
- NQ Water
- Downdens Pumping
- Solinst Groundwater Monitoring Instruments
- Hoselink No-burst Hose Fittings
- Atom Supplies
- Amare Safety
- Bard Engineering
- Local Search
- Roschen Drilling Tools GMBH
- Mackay Distribution Services
- DAB Pumps Australia
- MobileDrill International
If you need experienced and licensed drillers, our team of drillers are also available for contract hire.